Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Useful Tools

For some reason I am feeling a bit too lazy to write up a useful post on commands tonight, so I thought I would throw out a list of some of the tools that I use for testing and troubleshooting. I would love to see a list of any of the tools that I am missing or if you think there is a better tool out there than what I use, let me know!

STG - Graphs SNMP Data
Wireshark - Used to be Ethereal, a great free sniffer
ipload - Traffic generation tool, great for testing QoS or through-put
Pumpkin - TFTP Server
Quick'n Easy FTP Server - Nice standalone FTP server, requires no installation
PuTTY - The best free SSH and telnet client out there

As you may have noticed, these are all Windows based tools. Although there are some great UNIX based tools, the laptop I use on a daily basis is Windows XP so these are the tools I use on it.

No comments: